It’s become an annual tradition here at the Coalition, each year we put together a list of things we’d like to receive this holiday season. Think about it… these gifts could END homelessness!
- $55+ million dollars of capital funding to create the supported housing and rental supplements on the Priority Housing Project List
- 1,500 additional units of affordable housing in Greater Victoria – keeping those at-risk of homelessness housed
- Housing suited to the needs of Greater Victoria’s diverse population, including: youth, Aboriginals, seniors and families
If we can’t have our ‘big ticket’ items, these are a few things it would be great to have in the mean-time:
- A cozy bed for everyone – no one should have to sleep outside or in the cold
- Warm clothes (jackets, mitts, toques and scarves) for those spending too much time outside.
- Winter shoes and woolly socks – wet cold feet are a serious problem for those without a home (steel toed boots for those trying to re-enter the work force!)
- Three nutritious and delicious meals a day for everyone in Greater Victoria who can’t afford to provide one for themselves.